FGF21 since shown to act as an insulin sensitizer.

The researchers showed in another Cell Metabolism report last year that FGF21 shifts the metabolism of mice to a fat-burning mode and induces a state of energy-saving torpor. FGF21 since shown to act as an insulin sensitizer, as well.

The earlier discovery of FGF21 effects on lipid metabolism and insulin response have resulted in considerable interest in its potential use as a type 2 diabetes drug, said Mangelsdorf. Therefore it is important to understand what might do the hormone.Between 2001 and 2007 just a 15 % of heavy pneumococcal disease in Massachusetts from a by one of the seven strains covered by to the PC7 vaccine. The remaining 85 %age caused by other strains, most frequently serotype 19 A.